Tonight I am humbled and honored, surprised and almost speechless for the first time in a long time. My blog is small, I am just starting out and have not even hit the 60 followers mark. Yet somehow, someway this amazing blogger The Ceaseless Reader Writes, has stumbled upon my blog and been so moved he has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I feel like I have not yet paid my dues in the blogging world in order to receive such a prestigious award. Non-the less, I humbly accept this award with honor.
A personal note just to you. Your writing is such that I am always captivated and moved when I spend time scrolling through and reading your content. You are an amazing writer and have depth, courage and outstanding knowledge in giving details that make a reader feel like they are in the story. For YOU, to honor me by nominating me for this award is a privilege one could only dream of. So thank you from the bottom of my heart my dear blogging friend.
What makes a versatile blogger
According to the award site, a versatile blogger definition is as follows:
When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Why I am accepting this award
Using the definition as a basis I do feel that I write a wide variety of content. I always write from my heart and share real life events and stories that have affected me in some way. I sometimes try to use humor to lighten the load of a heavy read. When writing fiction, I try to captivate the reader by allowing them to imagine the detail of the surroundings and connect with the characters. I am grateful that Denny noticed these qualities in my writing and nominated me for this award. Despite me being so new to the blogging universe.
What are the rules for the nominees?
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. (done)
- Common courtesy! Thank the person who nominated you. Link them into your “Versatile Blogger Award” response! (done)
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and don’t forget to let them know! (Will be posted below and I will notify them once I post this post)
- Share seven facts about yourself. (Will be posted below)
- Share the logo of Versatile Blogger as your Featured Image in your post and display the rules for the next nominees. (done)
7 Things About Me
- My daughter and I were also just nominated for a Celebration of Success Award through the county we reside in. I still do not know if we have actually won that award yet. But if we do, we will each have to stand up at an awards ceremony and give a speech.
- Instead of driving by or handing money too a homeless person, we (my daughter and I) opened our home and hearts to a homeless lady and her son in an effort to help them succeed in life and achieve a better path. We believe that more people on this earth should step up and do things like this to make this world a better place. One person or even a family CAN make a difference!
- I have been stung by a horde of bees and lived to write about it.
- I have a very sarcastic sense of humor.
- I am currently working on 2 novels.
- I love crafting and making things out of nothing into works of art almost as much as I love writing.
- My children mean the world to me and there is nothing I would not do for them. Love them to the moon and back times infinity.
My 15 Nominees
- Sue Vincent’s Daily Echo. Sue has a way of talking about even the most delicate of subjects and starting the hard discussions. One such post is this one titled Assassins. If you have not yet stumbled across her blog, Please do so.
- Annette Rey at Writer’s Block No More. Annette genuinely cares about the writing passions of others. She endlessly works to post helpful content that inspires great writing out of others. Such as this post Creating Characters. She also writes book reviews and quizzes amongst other endearing posts.
- Rugby843, The Bag Lady. Rugby843 always has interesting and unique blog posts. She participates in writer’s prompts, writes personal stories, writes fiction and non-fiction and much more. Her writing style is one of integrity and honesty. I cannot pick just one of the posts from her blog because I like them all.
- Milan Rajkumar. While Milan focuses mainly on writing poetry, he also gives us the occasional non-fiction story. His poetry ranges in subject and flows so nicely while touching the heart. Poinsettia, a tanka, one of his latest.
- Layvi Litton, Way of the Wise. Layvi, an intelligent lifeform! Is passionate about truth and understanding. Giving us daily quotes inspiration and just plain ol’ good writing. One such post, Unseen Consequences, is one such writing worth the read.
- Welcome To Realiti, What can I say? I LOVE everything about this blog.
- Fire In Your Soul, this blog touches on the deepest of inspirational subjects. Posting inspiring quotes and thoughts to go with them on a variety of subject. One of my favorites being titled, Don’t Wait.
- Success Inspirers World, I laugh, I cry, I smile, I frown. Basically, I cover every emotion when visiting this blog. Here is one example: Written in Anger
- Davekingsbury, A Nomad In Cyberspace, This post titled Swings and Roundabouts will give you an in-depth look at what this blog is all about. Dave, I believe you have and will continue to accomplish your goal with this blog.
lifepunchesback, Crazy Stuff Happens, I personally think the name of this blog says it all. This all about real life stuff happens blog is interesting, witty and unique. Check it out, every last word.
- The Blog You Relate To, The Blog of a Teenager, For one so young, this one is wise beyond her years. We could all use a bit of reading this blog. To The Hypocrite of The 21st Century.
- Calliemm, In her own words, I write about life, share tips on how you might empower yours and look at ways to combat the stress and anxiety we face in today’s busy life. And let me tell you, she succeeds in this endeavor.
- Megan, Bookricci, Posting about books and social crises, environmental threats, animals and much more this blog has a little bit of everything for anyone. It is very inspirational. The Path To Happiness: Is That Smile
- Boss Luffy, Poems and Stories, I could lose myself here for hours. Always Loved
The above 15 blogs have motivated me, inspired me, taught me, entertained me, taken me away to other places and most of all, given me some sort of emotional connection through their posts. I admire and value each and everyone of these people and their writings. It is my hope that all of my followers will mosey on over to pay them a visit and drop a line of encouragement in the form of a comment on one or more of their posts.
And again, thank you Denny, for nominating me for this wonderful award.